Five-Star Roof Replacements in Austin and Central Texas
Every Angle is a roofing company with decades of experience. We offer roof repairs and roof replacements in Austin, TX, as well as all over Central Texas, to residential and commercial customers. We specialize in asphalt shingles, tile, metal roofs, as well as commercial TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin) roofing and waterproofing services.
Owens Corning Preferred Contractor status allows us exclusive ability to offer customers extended warranty protection for 50 years on residential roof replacements. We can use any brand you request.
Call us for a free estimate appointment. We work with your budget to select the best brand options for you.
We specialize in residential roof replacements. If you’ve had a couple of leaks repaired or water intrusion in your home and tired of wasting your money let us save you money on your new roof.
Roof Replacement Process
1. Material Order & Delivery
We work hard to get your new roof on within 1-2 weeks. Keep driveway clear on delivery day so boom lift can reach roofline from driveway. Owners do not need to be home
2. Begin Removal of Old Roof
- Keep driveway clear for trailer since we need access to trailer to dispose of old roof during replacement
- Property protection of plant beds, shrubs and walkways with tarps
- Inspect trees around structure to determine if tree trimming is required
- Remove all existing shingles, old nails, staples, pipe jack vents and underlayment as needed. If roof has 2 layers of shingles additional disposal charges are required.
- Inspect and test old roof for damaged plywood decking every 2 inches and replace as needed. Inspect fascia for damage and discuss roof replacement with owners.
3. Install a Total Protection Roof System
- Install 90° 1.5″ Drip-Edge Metal Flashing Protection over all edges of roof eave fascia (mandated by many city code regulations)
- Install optional ice/water shield protection layer over all valley metal flashing and around damage prone roof areas such as chimneys, vents, etc..
- Our professional roofers prepare a ridge ventilation area by cutting a 1″ gap at the apex of the roofline to reduce extreme attic temperatures and humidity, increase airflow, and to prolong the longevity of your roof shingles.
- Install Underlayment protection layer over entire roof surface. EA only installs premium Synthetic Underlayment instead of traditional 15# Felt paper due to 25x stronger protection
- Install Starter Strip shingles around entire perimeter which provides protection for shingle lift from wind and extreme weather
- Install and/or inspect flashing at all areas including chimney, valleys, HVAC and dryer vents, headwall, turn-back flashing, slantback cage and turtle vents, counter-flashing and pipe jack flashing over all PVC pipes
- New shingle roof installation starting at lower eaves and working upwards using staggered install method to prevent overlapping seams for water intrusion. We secure shingles using 4-5 galvanized coiled roof nails per shingle instead of staples to ensure strong structural hold and prevent shingle blowoff during adverse weather up to 130mph for premium shingle manufacturers
- Install Ridge Ventilation products over prepared area. EA only uses premium rigid ridge vent products and not cheap soft foam roll type ridge vent products
- Install Hip/Ridge/Rake shingles over all specific areas
- Blow off any dust and debris from roof and gutters
- Silicone and seal all flashing gaps and exposed fasteners using premium sealant that meets ASTM specifications which offers extreme flexible, durability, UV resistance against cracking and peeling to minimalize future roof replacements.
4. Site Cleanup and Final Inspection
- EA team will magnetic roll entire yard for nails and metal 2 times. EA team will also visually inspect yard and neighboring home for debris and dispose of it prior to completion. EA will remove trailer from driveway
- EA team will perform a full post-roofing inspection
Furthermore, if your roof is discolored, it may be weather damaged or hail damaged and should be inspected. It may need roof repair. Water can get trapped on the roof if there’s a dent and create dark impacts. If you’ve been wondering why your roof is changing color, it may be due to this type of damage.Do you need a roof replacement because of storm damage? And if so, do you intend to make an insurance claim? We’ll work with your insurance company to get your roof repaired or replaced.
Installing Your Roofing
There are four layers to every roof, and each layer needs to be evaluated as to its condition. Once we start the installation, we follow six steps with options every step of the way:
- Inspect the wood decking to check if replacement is needed.
- Install the underlayment using a product that’s superior to what our competitors use.
- Lay starter strips to help the shingles stay in place.
- Install flashing and ventilation over every pipe or vent sticking out of your roof.
- Lay the shingles out and then attach them.
- Place hip ridges over pipes and vents to better protect them from leaks.
Do you need a roof replacement because of storm damage? Our roofing company will consult with you to determine your requirements and discover what type of building you have, and what type of roof you have, such as a flat or angled roof. And you get professional advice on what type of roofing material is best for you.
We can use TPO or bitumen, an asphalt material that is one layer on a giant roll. We can also install metal roofs when appropriate. Commercial buildings typically use TPO, and it looks like a white tarp on your roof. It’s heat-sealed to block water seepage, and it’s energy efficient, but it only lasts about 10 years.
If you have new construction, the architect may already have decided to use 24 gauge metal. Metal will provide stronger protection against hail and is a great option since it can last 50+ years.
All replacements come with a five-year workmanship warranty. As a Owens Corning Preferred Contractor, we can offer 50-year extended warranty on residential roofs.